The blog serves as a platform for North Idaho College photojournalism students to post their images, share ideas, ask questions and provide feedback on the work created for the class.
The photo is not very sharp and it is somewhat noisy which is probably a limitation of the camera, rather than your ability as a photographer. I like the intimacy of the situation and the reflection in the mirror adds a nice facet to the story. However, without a caption I am not certain the photo alone tells enough of a story. Some of the surrounding detail are a little distracting but there really is not a good way to eliminate them in this setting. At this point I have to admit that my remaining uncertainties regarding the criteria we discussed make it hard for me to judge this photo any more accurately. I will be very interested in what Jerome has to say because I thin it has potential. I am just not clear on if it has enough potential. I do think it was a very good idea.
This photo definitely needs a caption. It's a pretty well composed photo but on it's own I don't feel like it tells any kind of specific story other than "girl doing makeup in the bathroom".
This could be a cool photo of a one-armed make-up artist. But I'm not sure without a caption. The technical aspects for this image seem to be working. The exposure is decent for the lighting, the focus is on, the color balance seems to be close. As far as the artistic merit goes, I'm not sure what I should be learning when viewing this image. The composition, while not perfect, isn't too bad. You highlight the reflection aspect by including the girl on the left side of the frame. But that's all I'm getting from this image. A girl applying mascara. Two nouns and a verb.
The photo is not very sharp and it is somewhat noisy which is probably a limitation of the camera, rather than your ability as a photographer. I like the intimacy of the situation and the reflection in the mirror adds a nice facet to the story. However, without a caption I am not certain the photo alone tells enough of a story. Some of the surrounding detail are a little distracting but there really is not a good way to eliminate them in this setting. At this point I have to admit that my remaining uncertainties regarding the criteria we discussed make it hard for me to judge this photo any more accurately. I will be very interested in what Jerome has to say because I thin it has potential. I am just not clear on if it has enough potential. I do think it was a very good idea.
ReplyDeleteThis photo definitely needs a caption. It's a pretty well composed photo but on it's own I don't feel like it tells any kind of specific story other than "girl doing makeup in the bathroom".
ReplyDeleteThis could be a cool photo of a one-armed make-up artist. But I'm not sure without a caption.
ReplyDeleteThe technical aspects for this image seem to be working. The exposure is decent for the lighting, the focus is on, the color balance seems to be close.
As far as the artistic merit goes, I'm not sure what I should be learning when viewing this image. The composition, while not perfect, isn't too bad. You highlight the reflection aspect by including the girl on the left side of the frame. But that's all I'm getting from this image. A girl applying mascara. Two nouns and a verb.