The blog serves as a platform for North Idaho College photojournalism students to post their images, share ideas, ask questions and provide feedback on the work created for the class.
NIC Sentinel Sports Editor David Humphrey, 20, reviews the latest issue of the paper outside the newsroom in the Seibert Building Feb. 9. David has been on staff of the newspaper for three years and has been an editor for two.
I really think the diagonal framing works well for this photo. The "horizontal" line in the window is reinforced by the line created by the top of the newspaper as well as the subjects gaze. I think this is a really solid photo. Originally I though it would be nice if there were a little separation between the subject's head and the black line above but the more I think about it, the more I like it the way it is. I think it anchors his head in the photo since you include almost none of his body. Without the black line it may appear that his head is somehow floating but I may be wrong. Nice photo!
I really love this photo. It has an honest, open, and good natured element in it. I feel like Humphrey loves what he does and will continue loving what he does for as long as he is doing it. The colors work very well together, black cross behind, brown hat, tan wall, greyish newspaper paper... light green, grey and white out-of-focus background... along with the slanted angle. Fingers in the bottom left corner complete the story. Very well done, not a thing I would change about this photo!
Nice light, purposeful composition, good expression that gives a little insight to his personality and using the sports section helps highlight the caption. Good job Shauna.
I really think the diagonal framing works well for this photo. The "horizontal" line in the window is reinforced by the line created by the top of the newspaper as well as the subjects gaze. I think this is a really solid photo. Originally I though it would be nice if there were a little separation between the subject's head and the black line above but the more I think about it, the more I like it the way it is. I think it anchors his head in the photo since you include almost none of his body. Without the black line it may appear that his head is somehow floating but I may be wrong. Nice photo!
ReplyDeleteI really love this photo. It has an honest, open, and good natured element in it. I feel like Humphrey loves what he does and will continue loving what he does for as long as he is doing it. The colors work very well together, black cross behind, brown hat, tan wall, greyish newspaper paper... light green, grey and white out-of-focus background... along with the slanted angle. Fingers in the bottom left corner complete the story. Very well done, not a thing I would change about this photo!
ReplyDeleteNice light, purposeful composition, good expression that gives a little insight to his personality and using the sports section helps highlight the caption. Good job Shauna.
ReplyDelete