Vietnam War veteran, Dutch Vogt of Hayden, prepares to give a sermon in his
home on Thursday. He was invited to be the guest speaker for the 10am service
at the Community of Christ church this coming Sunday. Usually he prefers to be
in the dark but today the drapes are open to let in light for this photograph.
Please note: My lens is a little soft at f/2.8 and it could be that the photos above would have turned out better at f/3.2. As they are, I do not think they are that bad.
After reading the comments about my last picks for my portrait photo, I decided I needed to give this one more try. I did the best I could to incorporate all the suggestions into these photos and the two above are the best results. I tried a few other places throughout Dutch's home but they did not work very well.
Any thoughts on these two? I like the left photo the best and am either going to select it or the one below from my previous shoot.
Thanks for all your help!
Andreas, nice job with both of those photos. I actually like the one on the right a bit more. I like his facial expression better (it seems a bit more relaxed), and also that it shows his tattoo, giving further insight as to who he is before reading the caption. However, of all 3, I like the one on the bottom. I think it helps tell the story of him preparing to give a sermon because he is sitting down with the book. So if it were me, I would choose the top right photo if I wanted to demonstrate the happy nature of this individual, and if I wanted to give a straightforward "this is who he is, this is what he is doing" sort of picture, I would choose the one on the bottom. Again, nice job on all of these photos and good luck making your choice!
ReplyDeleteI agree that the bottom photo is the strongest. Also, the color of his shirt really pops in contrast with the black vest. I also think the bottom photo gives more insight of who this guy is than the top two. The light coming in from the window is nice, but I think the top two photos lose too much information about the person to be a completely successful portrait.
ReplyDeleteNice work this guy is definitaly interesting. Just looking at him is like opening a story book.
ReplyDelete