I took about 200 photos and am trying to figure out which one is my single best shot but I stuggle with picking "the one". This is as far down as I could edit without further input. I am working hard on this and would appriciate your thoughts.
Yes, the photos are grainy. Most were shot at between 5000-6400 ISO.
To see more, visit: http://abraunlichaoteandh4h.blogspot.com/
Click on photo to enlarge
These are some cool photos. I really like the 2nd, 4th and last one. But the 2nd is my favorite because you get some environment in there as well and its not too grainy. The 4th one is cool because of the perspective but its doesn't show alot of what he is doing. The last on is pretty neat. It shows what that school is all about with all the elements but still focuses on just a couple of kids.
ReplyDeleteWay to volunteer! I would be scared out of my shorts if i had to turn in a good photo for an event like that. ;)
Nice job with these photos! It seems like you captured many different activities that were going on at this event and you really have a good eye for moments that make a great photograph. Personally, my favorite out of these are the 4th and the last photo. The one with the little boy wearing the safety glasses just gives me a really cool feeling... it's almost as if I'm there looking at him myself. Even though you can't tell what he is doing he seems very focused and into it which I like. Also, it's nice how you used the two people on the sides to sort of frame him in, and used somewhat of a selective focus to make him pop in the photograph. What I like about the last shot is, first of all, the perspective. The way the painting is placed in the frame is interesting, and I like how you crouched down a little to get to the kids' level, making it less of a "normal" view (6 foot rule). So good job with that. I also like how this photo demonstrates friendship between the two girls and how they are working together to create this painting. ...These two photos help to give a sense of the kinds of activities offered here and are technically very well composed. Nice work here, Andreas!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy looking at these. Kids always have the best expressions! It looks like you had fun shooting these and got some good angles. I definitely thought it was good that you shot at the eye level of most of the kids. It helped make it feel more... intimate I suppose would be a good way to describe it.
ReplyDeleteI like the moment in the second and last shot, the lighting in the third, and the framing in the fourth. I think for one photo that captures the event overall, the second does the best job. But for a tighter shot of the kids, I think the first and the last are best. I like how they both display two of the children working together at different activities. As a whole, your pictures you selected cover what the event was about pretty well I think. The one thing missing that may help is including some adults interacting with the kids too, because as it almost looks with these photos it looks like a whole bunch of kids by themselves. Nice work though!
ReplyDelete