Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Volunteer Freelance Gig

If anyone is interested in helping out a non-profit by providing free photo coverage of an event in return for a free dinner and a nice, warm feeling you get from donating your time to a charity, contact Phil in his office or at 769-3419.


The event is this Saturday so you need to act quickly. The rest of the info is below.


An Evening in Paris
Dinner/Auction/Fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity
“Big Shots in Black Tie” – so dress well.
6:30-9:00pm
Coeur d Alene Inn
Photographer gets free dinner.

Photographs to be used for promotional materials for next year.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, I do not currently have the wardrobe necessary for such a function, otherwise I would give it a try and I have offered help to another organization earlier that day for a kids event. It sounds like a great oportunity though and if no one else can do it, I might be able to make it workout if I can get away with a decent sweater and nice pants. If no one else volunteers, ask Phil to give me a call at 208-818-8184 and I will try my best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to Phil about this and volunteered to be the fallback plan in case no one else steps in. I already have an event to cover that day and would really appreciate it if someone would step up and handle this. It is a great opportunity to practice what we are learning in class. Please consider stepping in, especially if you are looking for some experience. It is a great opportunity to build your skills and portfolio and get your name is various publications over the next year. I really need the help! Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WD from last semester's Intermediate Photography class has volunteered to help me out with both of my events. He is a great guy and currently shoots for the Sentinel. He will not see this post but I am very grateful for his help!

    If anyone else feels like joining us, you are all welcome. As a group we could really rock these events with coverage, practice our skills and show people that our class and school is made up of a great group of skilled people. If we are lucky, Jerome might think one or two of the photos are not too terrible and we could generate some fun discussions on the blog next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I could do this, but unfortunately I have to work :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittney, I would have been great to have you but I understand. I am surprised you are still willing to put up with me after class last night. I really had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.