Hi, please tell me what you think. Many of these photo's could have been much better due to the fact that I was using a camera I was not used to; heavy lens and couldn't figure out how to use the auto focus made many of these a little soft:( Thanks.
Austin Stiegemeir in studio behind parents house.
Stills from movie scenes.
Some of Austin's art hanging on living room wall of parent's home.
Paint supplies.
Austin's "best work" that is hanging in the educational building.
Working with kids at Art On The Edge.













I like some of the detail shots and the overall of him working in his studio. Maybe a little more space could have offered some more tools, paints, etc. to the frame. You're lacking a solid shot of him working that you can identify him well. The only shots you can clearly see his face is the shots of him working with kids which doesn't have any shots of him working with kids.
ReplyDeleteDo you have an opportunity to hang out with him again?
No I don't think so because of my other classes. I'm going to post one more photo and am curious if it would be a better overall photo cause you can see a little more of Austin's face... ?
ReplyDeleteI like the paint tube photo the best for a detail shot. The other two of the paint spots just do not feel solid to me.
ReplyDeleteOf your first two shots, which are both nice, I think you are going to have to put the rest of your story together and see which one you can use. The wider angled shot gives more information and the closer shot is more intimate.
The art photos will work nicely as supporting shots if you have enough other photos to tell the story.
The Art on the Edge photo is nice but it would have been better if it included an interaction between the artist and a kid. This also seems like a nice opportunity to get a shot of the whole scene (an environment shot).
The two photos of the artist just standing there feel a little posed but are otherwise very nice.
I am sorry to hear you had camera problems. That makes getting the job done very difficult! Hang in there!