Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

 Joe Welk, 33, is repairing a guitar at his in-home workshop. Welk is a certified Luthier and has been building and repairing instruments for 10 years.


Sighting down the neck of a guitar, Welk checks for straightness.


Screwdrivers, files and pliers routinely used to repair and build instruments.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have some strong photos here. The overall shot is great.

    The medium shot is also really strong but I think if you reduced your exposure just a touch, and used a bit more depth of field to get the top of the guitar neck in your field of focus it would have helped a little bit. Lowering the exposure might have made the top of the neck not quite as bright and might have added a bit more contrast to the guys face against the white wall. The fan in the background is unfortunate. I am really nitpicking here because this is also a very good shot. I love the perspective.

    Your detail shot is also really nice but I would have preferred something more along the lines of a close up of the guys hands working on a guitar... hopefully a different guitar to show something different. Otherwise, when I look at your photo as is, I keep wanting to see the little short orange screwdriver in crisp focus in addition to the two black ones. But maybe I am being too picky here also.

    Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your overall shot. His workplace is super interesting with all of the different tools hanging everywhere. Also, it's a nice moment and the composition is solid. I still like the other photo for the medium you showed Jerome in class, even though the composition wasn't as great. The expression on his face was awesome. This one you picked is great too, and the fan is kind of a bummer but his workplace is so cluttered it would be hard not to get distracting things in the background.
    Nice work though! I like the subject you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.