Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

If you're shooting a concert for the next assignment, check this guy out!

Basically, this guy is super badass at shooting concerts. His name is Todd Owyoung and he pretty much has my dream job.

What's cool is that with each set of photos, at the bottom he gives his notes on what cameras and lenses he used, along with general notes on what the lighting was like and what techniques and tricks he used to get his results, which is way cool of him to do. He also opens his photos up for comments and questions which he responds to, which is equally awesome of him to do. I learned a lot about concert photography just by browsing through the comments and notes.

Check out the site!

http://ishootshows.com/


Wow, additionally I just saw that he has a bunch of tutorials and advice on his site too. Here's the link to his advice for any music concert photographers. Pretty useful stuff here.

http://ishootshows.com/2010/12/15/6-tips-new-music-photographer/

2 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome photos! I just went through some on my phone but I really want to look at em all when I get on a computer next. That's awesome that he gives all the info about camera settings and such. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike for posting this. Those pics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.