Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Person at Work

HEY EVERYONE! I have been trying to comment for a while and blogger wouldn't let me so I will try again. Really like all the photos! 
 Could I get some thoughts on my medium and detail shots? I wasn't sure which one was the best. 

Environmental

 Medium




 Detail


       Bob Ployhar, breakfast chef and morning supervisor at Beverlys in the Coeur d' Alene Resort, cooks up eggs bacon and hash browns for guests who ordered room service. Ployhar, who started cooking at age 15 with his mother, has been a chef at Beverlys for almost 30 years. He commented, "To make it in this profession you gotta love food." 

              ---------------------------------------------------- EDIT----------------------------------------------

I was looking again at these and this detail shot might work......I am just not sure about the motion of the spoon. I should have used a faster shutter speed. 

2 comments:

  1. Quick and dirty commenting:

    Overall
    With his back to us, this image leaves the viewer wondering what's this all about. There's no identity and no connection.

    Medium
    I like the horizontal medium. Nice intent on his work, decent composition, even the tilt doesn't bother me so much because he still has a vertical aspect. The others are just too open or not as engaging.

    Detail
    The spoon movement doesn't bother me too bad. I wish this was shot overhead to get more of his arm in there and give a different perspective. The toast adjust shot isn't bad either. Shows a little attention to detail on his part.

    Good job Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, this makes me hungry!

    I totally agree with the photos that Jerome mentioned. The overall shot really does nothing for me with his back turned. Of course, now it is way too late for you to do anything about it.

    The medium shot of the guy ladling sauce onto the omelet is very nice. His concentration adds a nice touch and I like the lines created by the shelving. This is a strong photo and I hope it was one of your keepers.

    For your detail shot, I like the close up of the toast best, although if there was a little bit more of his hands in the last "eggs" shot it would have been even better. On both of these, I wish you had moved in a little bit closer but they are really good as is. In both cases you picked up on interesting details and tried to bring them out in the photos and that is exactly what we are looking for.

    These photos are all really sharp right where they need to be and that is something I always look for right away. Your depth of field is really good for all your photos also. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.