
Jake Tipton, 27, tattoo artist of six years, prepares ink before doing a stencil for a color tattoo on Steven Jones, 21, at Inked Envy, Feb. 22. The stencil is the first step in doing a tattoo, Tipton explained, as it is the outline of the work to be done. After the stencil, Tipton will fill it in with color and shading.
(exif: 17mm, 1/60, f3.2, ISO 500)
Medium:

Tipton works on a color tattoo on his client's back. Tipton has been working on the piece for about a month so far, which will fill the client's entire back once completed.
(exif: 50mm, 1/80, f2.0, ISO 500)
Detail:

Tipton tattoos a bar code for Evan Williams whiskey on a client with the same name as the liquor. Tipton has become renown for his precision with his work, particularly with lettering. After completing the barcode, Tipton scanned it with his phone's barcode scanner which indeed recognized it as the Evan Williams' barcode.
(exif: 128mm, 1/60, f2.8, ISO 1000)
I think you made a great final edit. After looking at your previous posts again, I think these are your strongest photos.
ReplyDeleteOops, I forgot to mention that you have some great captions also. They add all the details the photos cannot tell by themselves in a concise and interesting way.
ReplyDeleteNow I have to go back and comment on all the captions I completely overlooked as I was ogling photos.
Nicely done Mike!
ReplyDelete