Over All-

On Thursday February 24th, owner of the Great Harvest Bakery on Government Way, Teresa Cipicchio allowed me to come take photos during their afternoon baking time. To my surprise, unlike most bakeries, Great Harvest makes their baked goods in the afternoon around 2:30pm rather than in the early morning. Teresa informed me that this is because they normally have businesses come in and do large meetings in the bakery restaurant early in the morning so they must have items on hand before the meetings begin. Unfortunately, due to weather, few customers had showed up all week. Baker Devin Shuck and Assistant Baker Ellen Gatchell worked diligently none the less to create the delicious and nutritious breads, cookies, and pastries that so many Coeur d'Alene residents have come to love.







Here's my quick and dirty comments:
ReplyDeleteOverall
The top one is a possible, the middle one is a nice, clean composition, the bottom is interesting, but no unless there is something interesting or fun that happened to cause the expression and can relate in a caption.
Medium
Top is a no, the middle is pretty nice I just wish there was more product in the shot, the bottom is nice, a little more hands on the right would have improved it a bit.
Details
They are all nice and clean. I wish you would have gotten closer to really show off that deliciousness.
These are all really good. The lighting is all great! There must be some good natural lighting.
ReplyDeleteOverall - The 3rd one is cool because it shows more of the shop and all the things they use but if you don't like it the 1st one is probably the best. The motion in it is really nice.
Medium - I'll have to agree with Jerome and say the middle one.
Detail - The second one looks so good! Its making me hungry..... It shows the products they make but also how they do it (in the background).
First of all, is that your caption at the bottom? Wow, it is almost an entire editorial all by itself. I hope you are not planning on writing an entire book for your next one. I'm just giving you a hard time ;-).
ReplyDeleteAs Jerome mentioned in class, a combination of your first two detail shots would have been perfect. I think you needed to get closer to the berries and shot the baker's hands in the photo placing them on the dough.
For your medium shot I like the bottom one the best. There is a lot of their product to see, I can see what the lady is doing and I even like the little bit of the guy's hands in the photo to tell me there is more than one of them there working.
For your overall photo, I like your middle one the best. The four dough blobs create some nice repetition in the foreground and you need to have both of the bakers there to support my selection for your medium shot because of the guy's hands in the corner of the photo. I really like the waist level perspective so we can look up at the two people rather than see them straight on.
Great job! I'd be proud to turn in this set had I taken them.