The blog serves as a platform for North Idaho College photojournalism students to post their images, share ideas, ask questions and provide feedback on the work created for the class.
Event Assignment: Kootenai Humane Society Adoption
Here are a few of my favorite shots from the take. (Finally they are not underexposed! :) ) Let me know what you guys think! I particularly like the one with the baby and also the last shot...
Brittney, I will be very curious to see what Jerome has to say about your photos as these to have "audience participation and interaction". From that standpoint I think you may have picked a good subject... better than mine, that's for sure. There is, however, not much action anywhere and I think that is a component we were supposed to incorporate.
You captured some nice moments in most of your photos. Personally, I would edit out the first one. The remaining photos all have clearly visible interactions, facial expressions, mood and moments. This is a very good set of photos that clearly show the subjects and do not have much clutter or distractions.
Make sure to get those dog nose and tongue smudges of of your camera lens before your next shoot! ;-)
I think the third one and the last one are your strongest because it shows more of what is going on. They have the interaction and emotion you are looking for. The one with the baby is cute but unless you have all of the dog in there it looks awkward for the person who wasn't there.
Hahaha yeah there was definitely not a lot of action at this event, hence why the photos reflect that. I didn't know we had to pick an event with action, I just thought our photos had to show what it was like to be there, regardless of if we chose an active event or not... thanks for the feedback. Do you think the last one is the strongest?
The third one is the strongest. It gives a little insight of what the event was about — allowing people to meet and experience shelter dogs. The "face to snout" shot and nice emotional reaction from the woman shows what the Humane Society hopes to offer people. The first one is similar, but the emotional connection in the third trumps it. Action wasn't a part of the requirements for this one. All you need was an image that gives the viewer an idea of what it was like to be at the event. Good job Brittney.
Brittney, I will be very curious to see what Jerome has to say about your photos as these to have "audience participation and interaction". From that standpoint I think you may have picked a good subject... better than mine, that's for sure. There is, however, not much action anywhere and I think that is a component we were supposed to incorporate.
ReplyDeleteYou captured some nice moments in most of your photos. Personally, I would edit out the first one. The remaining photos all have clearly visible interactions, facial expressions, mood and moments. This is a very good set of photos that clearly show the subjects and do not have much clutter or distractions.
Make sure to get those dog nose and tongue smudges of of your camera lens before your next shoot! ;-)
Great job!
I think the third one and the last one are your strongest because it shows more of what is going on. They have the interaction and emotion you are looking for. The one with the baby is cute but unless you have all of the dog in there it looks awkward for the person who wasn't there.
ReplyDeleteHahaha yeah there was definitely not a lot of action at this event, hence why the photos reflect that. I didn't know we had to pick an event with action, I just thought our photos had to show what it was like to be there, regardless of if we chose an active event or not... thanks for the feedback. Do you think the last one is the strongest?
ReplyDeleteThe third one is the strongest. It gives a little insight of what the event was about — allowing people to meet and experience shelter dogs. The "face to snout" shot and nice emotional reaction from the woman shows what the Humane Society hopes to offer people. The first one is similar, but the emotional connection in the third trumps it.
ReplyDeleteAction wasn't a part of the requirements for this one. All you need was an image that gives the viewer an idea of what it was like to be at the event.
Good job Brittney.