Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Event #1

These are probably my best shots from the game on Sat. I had some other good ones but they were FUZZY!!! ahhh..... 



Probably my favorite just because it has the audience in it and has some action and emotion on the players faces. 



Not sure about this one...what do you think? 








I like this one because I have some reaction in the background with that guy watching the game and it shows the focus on the coaches and the players faces. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel very bad for you Heidi. When Shawn told me how he was shooting, Marily and I were able to reproduce his setting on our camera but you were not. With the max setting of ISO1600 (rather than ISO6400 we were told to use), your first shot is pretty amazing. Yes, it could be sharper but that is due to the limitations of your camera, not your skill as a photographer. I wish the partially cut off player on the right side of the photo were not there but that is minor.

    If you had included all of either the person on the left or right and tried to eliminate the other, the composition would have been slightly stronger in your second photo. It is otherwise really good but I doubt it is anything we can use for this assignment since it does not really show us what it is like to be there.

    Your last photo may do the trick. I will be interested in seeing what Jerome has to say. But you do have some background activity rather than the bunch of people just sitting there that I got. Had you been able to get a little closer, with a wider angle, you may have been able to get the coach's head away from the background distractions. However, you may also have had to be 7 feet tall to pull it off... I don't know. Never the less it is a nice shot.

    You really worked the scene yesterday and put in a lot of effort. Good work overall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, when I was talking about your second photo in the second paragraph above, I was actually referring to your third photo. Sorry.

    By the way, the actual second photo is nice. he three plays make a nice rhythm and their hair and the line of their backs create interesting diagonals in your photo. This one is really nice but again, I doubt it is useful for our assignment. I'm leaning towards either your first or last photo right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The action shot may be your strongest because it shows the effort of the players in the game and the athleticism of these players.
    The other shots are a lacking in the emotion section. It's a lot of people watching or listening.
    Coaches don't usually get to fired up in a huddle. It's while everything is going wrong or going really right that they are reacting with some emotion.
    Good job on shooting from the different perspectives.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.