The blog serves as a platform for North Idaho College photojournalism students to post their images, share ideas, ask questions and provide feedback on the work created for the class.
For the past 10-15 years, William Hanks has been running his own garden art business, Granite Gardens, in Athol, Idaho. On February 20th, he continues to stack those granite boulders in order to complete the rock wall. "If it's gray, it's granite; if it's green, it's grass."
Your overall shot if great. I cannot ask for anything more. However, your medium shot is too much like the overall shot. Maybe something near his work truck would have provided something different. One of the things Jerome mentioned on my first attempt at this assignment is that all three of my shots were essentially the same thing, just closer each time.
You detail shot has potential but I think you needed to get even closer. There are some really interesting details in the dirt and dried mud on the shovel. If you were able to crop the center third of the photo it would be really nice.
Good job! I think you did really well with a really tough assignment.
Again, I am very sorry I did not see your post earlier when it could still have possibly helped you. I have been complaining that very few people comment on the blog while there is still time to re-shoot and incorporate the ideas and comments given before the assignment is due. I feel like a schmuck for not having extended the same courtesy to you out of respect for the effort you put in to get these photos. If there is ever anything I can do to help you or if you need feedback in a hurry, please let me know!
Your overall shot if great. I cannot ask for anything more. However, your medium shot is too much like the overall shot. Maybe something near his work truck would have provided something different. One of the things Jerome mentioned on my first attempt at this assignment is that all three of my shots were essentially the same thing, just closer each time.
ReplyDeleteYou detail shot has potential but I think you needed to get even closer. There are some really interesting details in the dirt and dried mud on the shovel. If you were able to crop the center third of the photo it would be really nice.
Good job! I think you did really well with a really tough assignment.
Again, I am very sorry I did not see your post earlier when it could still have possibly helped you. I have been complaining that very few people comment on the blog while there is still time to re-shoot and incorporate the ideas and comments given before the assignment is due. I feel like a schmuck for not having extended the same courtesy to you out of respect for the effort you put in to get these photos. If there is ever anything I can do to help you or if you need feedback in a hurry, please let me know!
208-818-8184
andreasb@scratchinpost.net