The blog serves as a platform for North Idaho College photojournalism students to post their images, share ideas, ask questions and provide feedback on the work created for the class.
These are a few of my favorites... Just wanted your guys opinions. I'm not going to post my detail shots cuz I don't think they're that great I need to be faster and fix the lighting on those :) But I have some awesome ideas.
Hmmmmmmm..... nice job! Most of your shots are very clean and I like that. It is not clear who your photo story is about because you have shots of several different people. My guess is that it is about the lady in the first and last photo in this set since she is repeated. In both the first and last photos, I wish you had stepped to the right just a bit to frame the woman's face between the people in the background. You would have avoided the arm coming out of her head in the first shot and created some nice symmetry or balance.
My favorites are the third and fourth shots. The repetition of the raised arms makes a nice element. The form of the guy in the fourth photo with the bright, repeated colors of the mats works well too.
You need to somehow tell us the story. Your photos alone don't do it yet. I think I am in the same boat. We will get there! :-)
Ah man. Well what I was thinking about doing the story was the class as a whole. There are a lot of regulars and NIC students. I wanted to tell about the unity and strength the class has when they are all together. I was going to take Jerome's suggestion about focusing on a person that was in there for sports reasons but, surprisingly there is no one in the class like that right now.. so I thought to try and explain the whole group cuz yoga is a beautiful thing especially when in a room together, their breath sounds like an ocean :) is this not right?
I like the space in the second shot with the wood floor. It gives it a nice light and quite moment. The third shot has some nice repetition and lines to it. Andreas brings up a good point of not knowing who your story is about. The approach you want to take can work, but you really need to find a way to give us that sense of serenity through either a few layered detail shots of people's faces with the people in the background, clean overalls, maybe some interaction among the students before or after class.
Hmmmmmmm..... nice job! Most of your shots are very clean and I like that. It is not clear who your photo story is about because you have shots of several different people. My guess is that it is about the lady in the first and last photo in this set since she is repeated. In both the first and last photos, I wish you had stepped to the right just a bit to frame the woman's face between the people in the background. You would have avoided the arm coming out of her head in the first shot and created some nice symmetry or balance.
ReplyDeleteMy favorites are the third and fourth shots. The repetition of the raised arms makes a nice element. The form of the guy in the fourth photo with the bright, repeated colors of the mats works well too.
You need to somehow tell us the story. Your photos alone don't do it yet. I think I am in the same boat. We will get there! :-)
Ah man. Well what I was thinking about doing the story was the class as a whole. There are a lot of regulars and NIC students. I wanted to tell about the unity and strength the class has when they are all together. I was going to take Jerome's suggestion about focusing on a person that was in there for sports reasons but, surprisingly there is no one in the class like that right now.. so I thought to try and explain the whole group cuz yoga is a beautiful thing especially when in a room together, their breath sounds like an ocean :) is this not right?
ReplyDeleteI like the space in the second shot with the wood floor. It gives it a nice light and quite moment.
ReplyDeleteThe third shot has some nice repetition and lines to it.
Andreas brings up a good point of not knowing who your story is about.
The approach you want to take can work, but you really need to find a way to give us that sense of serenity through either a few layered detail shots of people's faces with the people in the background, clean overalls, maybe some interaction among the students before or after class.