Having a hard time editing through these so I'll just post up a few and see what you guys think. Some of these I changed to B&W even though I know we're not supposed to do that for this blog but I edited these to send to the bands to possibly purchase, hence the watermark. When I decide on a final image for the assignment I'll post it straight out of the camera. I only got to shoot from the pit for the first two songs.

This one's actually of the singer/guitarist for the opening group. He was pretty animated.

This is one that might work OK for a crowd shot. People were pretty calm at this show.
Well, I have others to put up but I'll add them later I have to run. I'm in NY and the wireless I'm trying to use right now is horrible.
These are some good shots. I'm sure whatever you decide to turn in will be fantastic as always.
ReplyDeleteThe first shot is totally rock 'n' roll. Nothing distracting and to the point. Great expression. Too bad we can't use this kind of photo for class.
Lame audience participation has plagued me all week. I got nothing interesting in that department all week. Just people sitting there watching. As for your photo, I think it is fine the way it is but I would have like to see something that shows me what kind of event these people are attending. Some audience/band interaction would have been even better.
I had a lot of trouble with this assignment. One failure after another kept me going from one event to another. Overall, I think you did fairly good for your first attempt.
All of this leaves me very excited to see what else you got and what you are going to turn in!
Enjoy NYC! No shortage of events to shoot there.
Mike, your first shot is pretty awesome. I like the up close & personal feel of it. It's composed well, and as far as capturing a good moment, I think you did a great job deciding exactly when to snap the shutter. The second shot is nice too. I like the progressive color change across the faces, and you definitely showed that they were enjoying themselves. A couple things you might've tried to improve the second one: possibly selecting just a few people in the crowd and zeroing in on their faces straight-on, or even shooting this same shot from a little bit of a lower angle. I think you did a great job from the couple frames I see here. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteThe crowd shot is nice. I like the lines, light, color and reaction all work. The top shot definitely has some good stuff going on from the look on the guys face to the clean and simple composition.
ReplyDeleteI wish we had a little more stage and band in the crowd shot, but I still think it works because of the lighting and perspective. We can see everybody looking up toward the stage so it gives us some idea of what is going on. I wish the focus was totally on the guy, but it's not too far off.
It will be interesting to see what your final selection is for the class.