Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Frustrated Attempt


Does a coach qualify as an audience?



My attempt at freezing both girls


There was not much action, so this was my attempt at finding the oddity




In my search for color I found these shoes....I want these shoes!





2 comments:

  1. These are some great shots! I do not often like motion blur where the subject of the photo cannot be seen clearly but I am starting to appreciate it a little more. For the two girls jumping hurdles, I think a little bit of motion blur would add an interesting element.

    For the pole vaulter you did a really nice job of keeping cluttering elements away from the various people in the shot and you got the jumper without any of the poles in the background interfering with him. The background clouds are nice also.

    The gal laying on the ground is nice. I wish her foot was a little farther from the edge of the frame but that is really a minor detail.

    The groovy shoes are interesting but I wish you would have isolated them a bit more from the background details. I think if you would have laid on the ground and gotten as close to them as your minimum focus distance allowed, you could have blurred out the surrounding stuff, thereby deemphasizing the background and keep our focus just on the shoes.

    Overall, you got some very nice shots but we are both lacking in that great audience participation shot that really shows us what it is like to be there. Today will be our lucky day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marily, my favorite of these is definitely the first one. The others are nice, but I think the one of the pole vaulter really shows a moment that is sort of an unusual situation to look at for more than a split second. (Which is a good thing). What I'm trying to say is that this is an attention-getting photograph, which I think is exactly what you should be going for as a photojournalist. The other three are a bit more traditional type shots, and I think you were very successful in capturing a great moment in photo #1.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.