My wife and I went to the Multicultural Faire at Lakes Magnet Middle School on Saturday and I decided it might be a chance to practice my skills. I tried to work on my audience shots from a few assignments ago with the gymnasts but they finished before I could take a few shots with the crowd in focal plane instead of the performer. Too bad... next time! There were some amazing kids there and I came across, and started working on something that might make a great subject for our current assignment.
These are high ISO shots so they are grainy, especially if you enlarge them, and I did crop and levels adjust some of them in Photoshop a little bit since it was just for fun.
The over saturated colors are an occasional artifact of the Microsoft Office Picture Manager I use to resize the photos to post them on the blog. I does this sometimes and I do not know why. Sorry!
Andreas,
ReplyDeleteYour skills are definetly improving. Based on the pics you provided, the dancers made a better target than the audience itself. Maybe it is because I am from a Latin American culture, unless there are sports involved, or some progressive liberal education program going on, audiences seem to be very reserved in their expression of emotion in these parts of the woods. Maybe that is why a lot of photojournalist scan the whole audience first and look for the most vocal person to watch and document.
I have to tell you that the second picture of the Texas Road House dancers offers the most emotional connection. In fact, it is my favorite. There seems to be a nonverbal dialogue between the female dancers.
Good job showing effort. Maybe you will earn the very coveted "hardest working student award." :)
You should be mighty proud of that second photo Andreas. Great moment captured and the focus is super sharp on the girl. Plus the composition is really nice with the two people framing the photo on each side and a nice diagonal formed by the line of people.
ReplyDeleteNice shots Andreas; you're definitely improving!
I love the 2nd and the 4th photo. You did a fabulous job Andreas and should be extremely proud of these photos. The moment in 2 is superb but I really like the movement and clarity in 4
ReplyDelete