The blog serves as a platform for North Idaho College photojournalism students to post their images, share ideas, ask questions and provide feedback on the work created for the class.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Social Issue- Hunger/Soup Kitchen
I found this assignment very challenging because there were multiple subjects to concentrate on and each offered different opportunities. This Soup Kitchen took place at The First Presbyterian Church and was hosted by Emanuel Baptist Church. Perhaps I can get some feedback from the class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I think you have some very nice photos here that work well but you need some more variety to tell the story using scenes other than from this single table. Something along the lines of people serving and interacting with the needy in the food line or arriving or departing from the location, etc... Something different to give us more insight into the story. This also gives you more photos to caption so you can give more interesting details and statistics to add to the story.
ReplyDeleteI have class all day so I will not be able to see what else you post until after class tonight.
Good luck and see you in class!
I like the last photo the best. It gives the best insight into the environment of the facility. Having both the younger mother feeding her baby and the older people in the shot is nice, and you can see the soup kitchen worker in the background which is great.
ReplyDeleteIf I were to pick one shot, I would pick that one. It has a nice moment too.