The blog serves as a platform for North Idaho College photojournalism students to post their images, share ideas, ask questions and provide feedback on the work created for the class.
Wow, these are some powerful images. The compassion in the details of his writing and how he was treated by the survivors says a lot about him. He is an inspiration!
I will have to take at least one more class before I can do the job as well as he can.
Man.... It's hard to comprehend the full extent of all the damage just by a few photos but I think Nachtwey depicts it well. My favorite is the last photo of the half submerjed house with the mist in the background. It really captures the kind of ominous feeling you would expect after a tragedy such as this.
I agree; I think given the limited amount of photos given, it gives you a pretty detailed visual story of the extent of the damage and the aftermath of a natural disaster.
I think I would have a hard time covering things like this as he often does and not getting emotionally influenced by the situation. He does an amazing job of taking an objective stance at documenting these types of things.
I wonder if he shoots film? I ask that because you can see the invidual frames in the panoramas, like if you stitch photos together in photoshop but don't crop out the jagged edges.
Wow. What more can I say than that? It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that a force of nature can do this much damage. Not just physically, but emotionally as well, and I can't even begin to imagine how the people affected by this are coping. It is mind-boggling. On another note, Nachtwey obviously is insanely talented at shooting things like this, and does a great job capturing the emotion of the subject in his images. I am just in disbelief after looking at so many photos of the aftermath. Crazy.
Wow, these are some powerful images. The compassion in the details of his writing and how he was treated by the survivors says a lot about him. He is an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI will have to take at least one more class before I can do the job as well as he can.
Man.... It's hard to comprehend the full extent of all the damage just by a few photos but I think Nachtwey depicts it well. My favorite is the last photo of the half submerjed house with the mist in the background. It really captures the kind of ominous feeling you would expect after a tragedy such as this.
ReplyDeleteI agree; I think given the limited amount of photos given, it gives you a pretty detailed visual story of the extent of the damage and the aftermath of a natural disaster.
ReplyDeleteI think I would have a hard time covering things like this as he often does and not getting emotionally influenced by the situation. He does an amazing job of taking an objective stance at documenting these types of things.
I wonder if he shoots film? I ask that because you can see the invidual frames in the panoramas, like if you stitch photos together in photoshop but don't crop out the jagged edges.
Wow. What more can I say than that? It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that a force of nature can do this much damage. Not just physically, but emotionally as well, and I can't even begin to imagine how the people affected by this are coping. It is mind-boggling. On another note, Nachtwey obviously is insanely talented at shooting things like this, and does a great job capturing the emotion of the subject in his images. I am just in disbelief after looking at so many photos of the aftermath. Crazy.
ReplyDelete