![]() |
| Would not give her name |
![]() |
| Left to Right: Janie Helgeson, Peggy Sawicki and Wilma Robinson dish up spaghetti for the homeless. |
![]() |
| Ed Hemp of Coeur d'Alene gets a haircut from Stephanie Treadwell at Project Homeless connect on Thursday. |
![]() |
| I did not think this photo worked out so I did not bother getting any information - sorry! |
1. In the first one, the lady was very emotionally caught up in the speech being given. I missed the great shot but I though this captured a little bit of it.
2. What I liked about the second photo is that the eyes and arms of the ladies draw the viewer's eyes towards the plate of spaghetti keeping the attention in the middle of the photo.
3. In the third photo, the guy was willing but embarrassed to have his picture taken. Maybe it is not obvious to others but when talking to this guy, I was amazed at how honest and humble he seemed and I thought the photo showed some of that.
4. In the last photo, I liked that I was able to catch a broader scene in the middle of all the chaos. The two ladies were discussing a food item. The volunteer had a nice smile and the folks in line cooperated to give a nice overview of the situation giving me a chance to add another piece of the story to the scene.
All I can say is that it is darn hard to get that PJ artsy stuff into my lens. There must be some kind of coating that blocks it. If anyone saw Friday's Coeur d'Alene Press newspaper, Jerome got a nice photo of this event that ran on the front page.




Not a bad take from the event Andreas. You can still get a bit closer to give the viewer a little different perspective from what everyone else saw.
ReplyDeleteI like the moment with the woman who had her hands clasped. The light is a little hot on the top of her hair, but it's manageable. The haircut shot could have had a bit more depth to it or even a different angle to give us some insight into the people who were there to help. That was a tough one though because I had a few people who didn't want to be photographed so it was hard to not include them in the background.
Overall not a bad take from the event. They still have more of a spectator feel to them than a storytelling quality. Not bad though.