I ask this question to every class because sometimes there are times where knowing how to get assignments or paid to shoot an event comes in handy. Or how to light a subject or start up a stock image library. These subjects aren't covered in the book too much. But if you want to know something in particular, this is the time to get those questions ready.
Post them here in the comment section and we'll go over them throughout the semester in class or I'll post some links that will give you some direction and a head start.
So ask away.
Hmmmmmm... the question of if I'm teachable might be more relevant than what I want to learn but just in case, here is my short list:
ReplyDelete1. I would like to improve my photojournalism and general photography skills and develop a better eye and feel for photography and the PJ artsy stuff we discussed.
2. Additionally, I would really like to learn more about flash photography as this is probably my weakest area of all. My only experience was shooting the Tribal School's Graduation last summer and in my opinion, it turned out very badly. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.
The whole class will hopefully get you to the next level in seeing while on assignment. So number one shouldn't be a problem.
ReplyDeleteFor your second request, since we're shooting portraits next, we'll talk about some flash techniques and go over some tips and tricks.
My goals for this class are:
ReplyDeleteTo improve my photographic skills and to be able to anticipate artistic angles.
To improve my ability to establish rapport on the fly regardless of the emotional barometer of the situation while coming across as if at ease.
To be able to time my Camera's shutter lag time with peoples facial expressions and actions. I have many times pressed the shutter button either too early or too late freezing peoples countenances as something purposely set-up to document an exorcism, completely de-contextualizing the subjects.
To improve my "blending in skills" while capturing "the decisive moment."
The first two will be talked about all semester long. The shutter lag is kind of difficult to deal with. But there are ways to compensate for it in studying your subject. We'll definitely get into that topic.
ReplyDelete