I took photos in front of Target, Boarders, Petco, Albertsons (in Hayden) and a few other places (a few photos per location). While I was at Albertsons, a manager came out and asked what I was doing. After I explained it to her, she had no problem with it but suggested I ask permission beforehand when standing in front of a place of business. It sounds like a respectful thing to do and I wish I would have thought about it sooner.
Another thing I wanted to mention is that some locations produced quite a few willing folks and others did not. I think I got 5 to 10 unwilling people for every photo I got. I just thanked the unwilling, wished them a good day and moved on. Don't be discouraged if people turn you down. A friend thought it was helpful to have her student ID in a little pouch hanging from her neck to show to people who were suspicious of us.
I ended up taking photos of more people than I needed and I am glad I did because several of them did not turn out well for one reason or another. I took photos of 21 people in order to get 14 keepers.
It was fun. Enjoy and good luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.